How Document360 is different from other products?
Most of the help desk software available in the market such as Freshdesk, Zendesk, HelpScout, etc., are primarily focused at help desk ticketing while the knowledge base repository is basically an add-on functionality with a lot of gaps. While there are documentation tools available in the market that are focused purely on product documentation, each product comes with its own pros and cons. In simple terms, what's available in one software will not be available in the other.
Some of the most common problems we faced with documentation platforms (both ticketing+help desk software and pure documentation focused software) are —
- Lack of proper versioning
- Ability to support documentation for multiple product versions
- No backup/restore mechanism
- Article Redirection
- Article internal and external commenting capabilities
- Lack of support for multi-authoring
With Document360, we aimed to solve the frustrations we faced with other documentation products. We aimed to build Document360 as a world-class product that makes it seamless for document writers to author and publish the product documentation. The top challenges that we addressed in Document360 are —
- Rich Markdown Editor — Document360 offers a great authoring experience for users to make their documentation as seamless as possible. If you are familiar with Markdown, you can start using the markdown syntax in your documentation.
- Category Manager — The Category Manager capability allows you to organize your documentation into proper structure (Category > Sub-Category > Articles). Users can move the articles between the categories, and if required, hide the articles. Hidden articles will not be displayed in the documentation page.
- Versioning — Document360 allows versioning both at the article level and the project level. At the article level, you can create multiple versions of the article, compare changes between versions using the rich Difference Viewer capability, roll back to a previous version. At the project level, you can tag your documentation specific to the current product version release, mark a specific release to be a Beta version, and so on.
- Backup and Restore — Document360 offers a robust backup mechanism that allows users to manually back up their documentation. In addition, the system automatically performs a backup every day at 00:00 UTC. Users can choose to restore either the Settings, Landing Page, Documentation, or the entire project.
- Intuitive Search Capability — Search capability is vital to every knowledge base product. Document360 integrates with one of the most powerful search engines to help users retrieve the information with ease.
- SEO Capabilities — Document360 allows users to define the meta description at the article level and add tags to the documentation to make it fully SEO compliant.
- Portal Customization — Make your knowledge base reflect your organization branding. You can also define the layout and content what your users want to see in the landing page when they visit your documentation. Make it easy for your users to navigate within the knowledge base system.
- Integration — Document360 integrates perfectly with third party applications such as chat applications, feedback systems, Google Analytics and so on.
- Content Workflow — Document360 has a rich content workflow system in place which allows users to review and approve the content before the documentation is made publicly accessible.
- Internal Commenting System — Document360 allows multiple authors to collaborate and document the content using the rich internal commenting system.
For more information about the features and capabilities in Document360, please expand the categories on the left menu.