- Mis à jour le 12 Oct 2020
- 4 Minutes à lire
Chrome is a widely used and free cross-platform web browser. But if you are someone who uses Chrome as a default browser for your daily web access, you would be aware of the different extensions available on the Chrome Web Store to aide in different functions.
Now available for Chrome is the Document360 extension which can be added to the browser.
With the Document360 Google Chrome extension, personnel from your organization with access to API key can connect, access, and look-up content from your knowledge base in their browser anytime, anywhere.
Basic setup guide
Adding Document360 extension in Chrome
- Open the Chrome browser application on your device and open the Chrome Web Store
- Browse through or search for the Document360 extension and click on the extension widget after you find it
- You can find all the details about Document360 in the description page
- Click on the Add to Chrome button
- View the type of data that the Document360 extension would be able to access and click Add extension
You can add or remove extensions in the Chrome browser only when you’re logged in with your Google account. Also, you’ll not be able to add extensions in Incognito window or if you’re accessing Chrome as a guest user.
You'll see the Document360 logo in your launcher, and your extensions in Chrome as buttons on the toolbar.
You can always Manage your extension settings: In Chrome, click More (three vertical dots) → More tools → Extensions and select Document360.
If you want to access the extension in Incognito window, go to the Manage extensions option and turn on the Allow in incognito option.
API key configuration
Click on the Document360 icon from the launcher at the top. A side window would appear with a field for API key.
- Now head back to your Document360 portal
- In the selected Document360 project, Click on Settings from the left menu
- Under Tools, click on the Extensions option, and all the available extensions would be listed
- In the Chrome extension widget, click on the + button to generate the API key
- Copy the generated key by clicking on the clipboard icon
Now paste the key on the Document360 launcher on Chrome and click on Save. Now your Knowledge base would be integrated and available anywhere and anytime on your Chrome browser.
Easy launch and customization
Once the Document360 Chrome extension has been successfully integrated using the API key, you can easily launch the Document360 widget in your Chrome window.
When you open a new Chrome tab or window, click on the Document360 icon in the extension toolbar at the top to launch.
You can also toggle the widget either to your Left or Right side of the window (The default mode will be right side).
Quick launch label
If you close the Document360 widget, you can find the Document360 quick launch label on the right side of your browser window.
Just click on the label to launch the widget in the same Chrome tab.
You can drag the label along the vertical right and position it in your convenient spot.
You can also remove the label by hovering your mouse pointer over the label and clicking on the ‘x’ close button.
This is the default tab when you launch the Document360 extension.
You can find the Top searched articles listed based on your previous searches on the knowledge base.
You can also search for articles using keyword. Just type in your search term in the field. As you type the relevant search result of articles would be listed. Select the article and you can view the entire article in reader view.
The options available in the reader view are
- Copy – Click on the copy icon to copy the content of the entire article to your clipboard
- Open in new tab– This option would open the article location on your knowledge base in a new browser tab
- ⤢ Expand – This option would expand your reader view screen (not Fullscreen view)
Knowledge base view
Click on the Document360 launcher icon on the Chrome window and select the Knowledge base tab in the widget window.
This option will give you access to the entirety of the integrated knowledge base. Which means you can browse through the various categories, subcategories, and articles inside the widget itself.
This would be an exact copy of the tree-view structure of the integrated knowledge base.
You can click on the articles and view the content in reader view.
Removing Document360 extension in Chrome
To remove the Document360 extension from your Chrome browser, you can either visit the Document360 page in Chrome Web Store, click on the Remove from Chrome button and click on Remove button again in the prompt.
Just right-click on the Document360 launcher icon in Chrome window, select the Remove from Chrome option and click Remove in the prompt.